The Choir of Broughton Parish Church is Recruiting!
We are looking for Boys aged 7 – 12 to sing in this highly regarded Choir of Men and Boys. Previous Musical Experience, though welcome, is not necessary. We are looking for keen, bright Boys, with a good level of general intelligence and the beginnings of a voice.
- Broughton Choristers receive a free, first-class musical education.
- Along with the gentlemen of the Choir, they perform good music to a very high standard, not only at Broughton, but in some spectacular venues both in the UK and Overseas.
- They are assisted, as required, with vocal preparations for Secondary School Music Scholarships and GCSE and A Level practicals.
- In recent years, a number of Broughton Boys have progressed to Choral Scholarships at Universities and major Cathedrals.
- Boys suitably qualified (usually grade 4 piano), can receive financial assistance with Organ Lessons.
- And most importantly, a full programme of fun activities is enjoyed by our Choristers…and friendships are forged for life as they SING, TRAVEL and PLAY together.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01772 686886.
Broughton Parish Church Choir is one of the most highly regarded Church Choirs in the UK. The Choir sings the two principal services in the ancient Parish Church of St John Baptist, Broughton at 11.00 am and 6.30 pm on most Sundays of the year.
Tours to the Isle of Man and to France feature regularly in the Choir’s annual programme, as well as visits to cathedrals and churches in the UK.
But it’s not all work! Choristers and their families have great fun together at the cricket and football matches, sports afternoons, BBQs and the summer trip to the seaside and Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
John Catterall MBE, Choirmaster
Broughton Parish Church Choir is committed to provide first-class musical training and to encourage high standards of personal achievement.